Homemade Body Sugar Scrubs are a perfect gift for friends, family… and yourself!
I have terrible dry skin – and changes in the weather can leave it worn out and flaky. Ergh!!
I’ve been meaning to get round to creating my own body scrubs instead of going out and spending money on body scrubs. Sure, they may work and smell good – but you can save yourself money AND get the same experience at home.
This post, I’ll be sharing my three ingredients which you can easily buy or find around your home, and create a sugar scrub that anyone’s skin will be thankful for!
Searching on Pinterest, you will find 100’s of ways to create homemade body scrubs, with a variety of scents and flavours. You can smell it from your laptop! I’m kidding… we’re not that advanced in technology yet.
Sure, you could make them look pretty etc. but the important part is whether it works for your skin! Keep in mind, especially if you’re gifting these to friends and family, that their skin may be really sensitive so keep it simple for now.
For a simple body scrub, you will need:
- Brown Sugar (1 cup)
- Oil Base – for this, I used Baby Oil as my skin loves this! (1/4 cup)
- Essential Oil – I used Lavender in this pot, and I then created another pot with peppermint!
- A pot or mason jar – I ate the rest of the salted caramel spread to get my glass for this body scrub! But you can also use the pots from Lush if you haven’t got enough to take back to recycle.
Steps to making the body sugar scrub
- Clean your mason jar/pot
- Pour a cup of brown sugar into the jar/pot
- Add 1/4 cup of the oil base to the sugar – it will work its way down the sugar
- Add a couple of drops of essential oil of your choice into the sugar scrub
- Close the lid and shake it!
Using the scrub
All you need to do is hop in the shower or bath, grab a handful of the sugar scrub and rub it! With it being sugar, it will dissolve in the water but before that, the sugar will exfoliate the dead skin off. You can also use it while shaving your legs which the results leave your legs feel like you’re a magical dolphin (my sister’s words… not mine).
I would love to see what you get up to with making your own body sugar scrub and the results – write in the comments below!
Until next time,